Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome to Answering Atheists with Christian Answers

Hey everybody!

I'm Autumn6, and welcome to my blog dedicated to addressing the most common arguments given against Christianity by Atheists. This blog was created for the sole purpose of equipping the Christian believer with the proper responses to give to objections against his/her faith raised by people in the Atheist community.

Something you're going to come to realize rather quickly as a Christian on the internet once you start spending time in chat rooms and message boards having to defend your faith, is that most of the arguments railed against your faith aren't original at all. In other words, the person raising these objections more than likely got them from somewhere, or somebody else. Internet Atheists trade objections to Christianity like hockey cards. You'll find that many of them use the exact same arguments that are found in popular Atheist literature such as The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, God is Not Great by the late Christopher Hitchens, or by other popular Internet Atheists. Fortunately, many of these objections raised by these individuals have long been addressed by many notable Christian apologists (such as American apologist Dr. William Lane Craig or British apologist Dr. Richard Swinburne), but it doesn't seem as though these people are taken seriously by the Atheist community and therefore have gone ignored. This is quite a shame because these apologists have a lot of really good things to say...

However, I can relate to these Atheists, because I was doing the exact same thing for most of my life. You see, I haven't been a Christian for all that long. Ten years ago, I was an Atheist, and an adamant one too. I absolutely hated Christianity. I thought it was immoral, irrational and dangerous. I thought that the only individuals that worshiped God were gullible folks who'd believe anything. I later came to realize that the common objections I had against Christianity were unfounded and it was revealed to me that most, if not all of them, had long been debunked, and that there are a number of good arguments in favor of Christian theism that still have not been successfully refuted by the Atheist community as a whole.

With this blog, I want to present to you why I feel that Atheism is no longer a relevant philosophical position to hold, given the evidence as well as address the common objections to Christianity. I'm going to provide responses to the arguments made against Christianity by popular Youtubers such as Thunderf00t, ZOMGitsCriss, TheoreticalBS, Laci Green Atheist Experience, and several others. We're going to discuss the most common arguments against Christianity and I hope that you come to the same epiphany I did: that Christian Theism is more reasonable than Atheism.

Thanks and God bless,
Autumn6

No comments:

Post a Comment